19 February 2020

Countless patients have been left thousands of pounds out of pocket and without crucial treatment as the Finest Dental chain of dental practices places itself into liquidation.

The Oral Health Foundation’s Dental Helpline has had a spike in enquiries from worried patients across the UK who have been affected by this situation.

This uncertain situation has resulted in patients being left in pain, discomfort and in some cases unable to eat.

Many who are in need of urgent dental care or have already paid for treatment they are yet to have are struggling to contact practices part of the Finest Dental chain.

The Oral Health Foundation is giving the following advice for patients who are being affected by the developing situation with Finest Dental.

What should you do?

The situation at present is that the Finest Dental chain of dental practices are seeking liquidation and will most likely cease trading.

Administrator, Carter Clark, has been appointed to tend to outstanding affairs – this includes tending to any patients who have made payments with the company.

If you are looking to make a claim, you can contact Carter Clark on 0845 686 0100, 020 8524 1447, or [email protected].

To give you a better chance of being reimbursed for treatment you’ve paid for, you may need to register as a creditor.

When you do this, you’re added to the list of all the people that Finest Dental owes money to. Unfortunately, major creditors, such as banks, tend to be paid first, so there is a chance you may not get your money back.

Other courses of action

If you have paid with a credit card or via a finance company: You can apply for a ‘Section 75 claim’ from your provider. This is for those who have paid for work costing more than £100.

If you have paid with a debit card: You can ask for a ‘chargeback’ from your bank or card provider if you paid with a debit card. In this case, you may need to talk to a manager, as many bank staff will be unaware of this scheme.